COVID Safety at CPAC
Cessnock Performing Arts Centre (CPAC) is a registered COVID Safe venue. We have developed our COVID Safe plans in accordance with the strict guidelines set by the NSW Government, NSW Health, and Live Performance Australia. We are continually monitoring any changes to these recommendations and updating our plans accordingly to reflect current requirements.
First and foremost for us is the health and safety of our patrons, performers, volunteers and staff – it has always been, and will continue to be, our greatest priority. Please assist us in keeping everyone in our community safe by following COVID Safe practices when visiting CPAC.
If any of the following apply to you or any member of your booking party, you or they must not come to CPAC.
- Required to self-isolate under laws aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19
- Diagnosed as having COVID-19
- You have experienced symptoms including fever, sore throat, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste or smell in the last 7 days
- You or a member of your household has been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Your or a member of your household reside in an area where a stay-at-home order is currently in place
If any of these apply to you or any member of your booking party, please contact our Box Office to discuss your tickets. You can contact Our Box Office on (02) 4993 4266 during operating hours - Monday to Friday between 9am and 4.30pm (AEST) - or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that refunds will not apply if the ticket holder or a member of their booking party attends the venue, is identified as meeting one of the criteria listed above, and is asked to leave.
Please be aware of any stay-at-home orders or travel restrictions that may be in place under current Public Health Orders, and if affected contact our Box Office to discuss your tickets.
Under the current NSW Government guidelines, patrons are not required to check in to the venue upon arrival.
Face masks are no longer a condition of entry however patrons may continue to wear a face mask when attending a performance.
In line with NSW Government guidelines, performances will proceed at 100% seated capacity. This means that you may be seated alongside other ticket holders.
- Hand sanitiser is available at hygiene stations throughout the venue, including entrances and at the Bar and the Box Office
- You have the option of presenting your tickets to our ushers on your phone
- On top of our existing high standards of cleanliness and hygiene protocols we have increased the frequency of cleaning of foyer spaces and touchpoints throughout the venue
- We have also increased the frequency of cleaning of our restrooms
- We're trying to minimise the amount of physical cash that is being handled by our staff and we encourage you to use contactless payment where possible
Postponed or Cancelled Shows
The nature of touring shows during a pandemic means that there will be times where a show cannot go ahead as planned. Any changes to a performance at CPAC will be communicated directly to affected ticket holders via email and/or phone. Information will also be posted on our Facebook page.
Our Box Office team will contact all ticket holders as soon as possible to inform them of the change of date and time. Due to the high volume of calls that need to be made this may take some time, and we thank you in advance for your patience.
If you have tickets to an event that has been rescheduled, they will automatically transfer to the new date.
If you are unable to attend on the rescheduled date, please email email@example.com or phone the CPAC Box Office on (02) 4993 4266 to discuss your tickets.
Changes to shows at CPAC
Last updated: 7 March 2022
See below for the latest information on what is happening with upcoming events as a result of the latest NSW government restrictions.
|| Original Date
|| Rescheduled Date
||20 July 2021
||TO BE ADVISED
|Running in the Shadows
||24 July 2021
||9 April 2022
|Sydney Comedy Festival Showcase
||13 August 2021
||11 November 2022
|Menopause the Musical
|| 3 and 4 September 2021
||22 and 23 July 2022
|The World of Musicals
||10 September 2021
||6 August 2022
|Newcastle Writers Festival
||25 September 2021
||28 September 2021
|Jason Owen Sings John Denver
||1 October 2021
||24 June 2022
||16 October 2021
||3 September 2022
|JPY: 50 Years Young
||29 October 2021
||11 June 2022
|Johnny Cash the Concert
||18 March 2022
|The Australian Bee Gees Show
||30 April 2022
In accordance with our Conditions of Entry, all visitors enter CPAC at their own risk. Whilst CPAC has implemented all legally required and recommended control measures in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, by entering CPAC all visitors acknowledge and accept that there currently remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of COVID-19. All visitors are assumed to have assessed this risk of transmission, including through consideration of their own health condition, in making the decision to attend the centre.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, visit the NSW Government website.
To download the Service NSW app, visit the Service NSW website.