COVID Safety at CPAC
In line with the Roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions, the Box Office doors will be open for ticket sales from 11am on Monday, 11 October 2021. Under the current Public Health Order, all patrons must show proof of full vaccination to enter CPAC, continue to wear face masks whilst indoors and check-in using the Service NSW app upon entry.
Tickets for upcoming performances will continue to be available online at our website or by phoning the CPAC Box Office on 4993 4266 between 9am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information on the current rules in NSW and how to stay safe, please visit nsw.gov.au/covid-19
Cessnock Performing Arts Centre (CPAC) is a registered COVID Safe venue. We have developed our COVID Safe plans in accordance with the strict guidelines set by the NSW Government, NSW Health, and Live Performance Australia. We are continually monitoring any changes to these recommendations and updating our plans accordingly to reflect current requirements.
First and foremost for us is the health and safety of our patrons, performers, volunteers and staff – it has always been, and will continue to be, our greatest priority. Please assist us in keeping everyone in our community safe by following COVID Safe practices when visiting CPAC.
If any of the following apply to you or any member of your booking party, you or they must not come to CPAC.
- Required to self-isolate under laws aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19
- Diagnosed as having COVID-19
- You have experienced symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath, runny nose, or loss of taste or smell in the last 14 days
- You or a member of your household has been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- You or a member or your household has been in close contact with anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- You or a member of your household has travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- You or a member of your household has travelled to a COVID-19 hotspot in Australia in the past 14 days
- Your or a member of your household reside in an area where a stay-at-home order is currently in place
If any of these apply to you or any member of your booking party, please contact our Box Office to discuss your tickets. You can contact Our Box Office on (02) 4993 4266 during operating hours - Monday to Friday between 9am and 4.30pm (AEST) - or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that refunds will not apply if the ticket holder or a member of their booking party attends the venue, is identified as meeting one of the criteria listed above, and is asked to leave.
Please be aware of any stay-at-home orders or travel restrictions that may be in place under current Public Health Orders, and if affected contact our Box Office to discuss your tickets.
It is a condition of entry to CPAC at all times (including when purchasing or picking up tickets during Box Office hours, attending a performance or civic function etc.) that all patrons provide contact tracing details. To save time, download the Service NSW app prior to your next visit and add your details as well as those of your guests. On arrival, you can scan our unique QR code via the app. You will be asked to show CPAC staff your completed check in on entry.
If you do not have access to a smart phone or do not have the app one of our Box Office team will manually check you in.
Contact details provided when checking in to CPAC will be only ever used if required for contact tracing.
The current NSW Public Health Order requires all people over 16 years old to be fully vaccinated before entering CPAC. Proof of vaccination status will be required before entering our venue. Those with medical exemptions are required to also provide proof of exemption.
Patrons under 16 years of age who are not fully vaccinated must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated member of their household.
If you have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccinations, you can show proof of your vaccinations in two ways:
- A digital COVID-19 certificate on your phone
- Your immunisation history statement from Medicare
To find out more about proof of vaccination status visit the NSW Government website.
- Please note that when our theatre is operating at 100% capacity there may be patrons occupying the seats directly beside, behind or in front of you during a performance
- As social distancing is not always possible in our theatre and foyer, masks are strongly recommended for all patrons in our building, unless otherwise advised in latest updates and subject to current Public Health Orders
- We have decreased capacities in our foyer areas, allowing 1.5m distancing
- Areas within the building are clearly marked with maximum capacity numbers
- Our team will be monitoring traffic flow and distancing within the venue. During periods of high traffic flow it may be necessary to delay entry into the building, or you may be asked to move into the theatre and take your seats upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser is available at hygiene stations throughout the venue, including entrances and at the Bar and Box Office
- You have the option of presenting your tickets to our ushers on your phone
- On top of our existing high standards of cleanliness and hygiene protocols we have increased the frequency of cleaning of foyer spaces and touchpoints throughout the venue
- We have also increased the frequency of cleaning of our restrooms
- We're trying to minimise the amount of physical cash that is being handled by our staff and we encourage you to use contactless payment where possible
- Beverages purchased at our Bar (including wine and beer) are served in disposable bioplastic drinkware rather than glass. A sustainable alternative to conventional clear plastic cups, BioCups are plastic-free and made from a plant-derived bioplastic. They are also certified commercially compostable to Australian AS4736 standards
Postponed or Cancelled Shows
The nature of touring shows during a pandemic means that there will be times where a show cannot go ahead as planned. Any changes to a performance at CPAC will be communicated directly to affected ticket holders via email and/or phone. Information will also be posted on our Facebook page.
Our Box Office team will contact all ticket holders as soon as possible to inform them of the change of date and time. Due to the high volume of calls that need to be made this may take some time, and we thank you in advance for your patience.
If you have tickets to an event that has been rescheduled, they will automatically transfer to the new date.
If you are unable to attend on the rescheduled date, please email email@example.com or phone the CPAC Box Office on (02) 4993 4266 to discuss your tickets.
Changes to shows at CPAC
Last updated: 21 October 2021
See below for the latest information on what is happening with upcoming events as a result of the latest NSW government restrictions.
|| Original Date
|| Rescheduled Date
|The Tap Pack
||30 June 2021, November 17 2021
||8 March 2022
|Hunter Drama Alice in Wonderland
||9 and 10 July 2021
||21 and 22 January 2022
|Australian Army Band
||17 July 2021
||5 February 2022
||20 July 2021
||TO BE ADVISED
|Running in the Shadows
||24 July 2021
||9 April 2022
|CPAC Studio Sounds: Lyn Bowtell
||31 July 2021
||TO BE ADVISED
|Sydney Comedy Festival Showcase
||13 August 2021
||11 November 2022
|Johnny Cash the Concert
||14 August 2021
||18 March 2022
|Menopause the Musical
||3 and 4 September 2021
||22 and 23 July 2022
|The World of Musicals
||10 September 2021
||6 August 2022
||16 September 2021
||22 February 2022
|Newcastle Writers Festival
||25 September 2021
||3 April 2022
||28 September 2021
||TO BE ADVISED
|Jason Owen Sings John Denver
||1 October 2021
||24 June 2022
||16 October 2021
||3 September 2022
|JPY: 50 Years Young
||29 October 2021
||11 June 2022
In accordance with our Conditions of Entry, all visitors enter CPAC at their own risk. Whilst CPAC has implemented all legally required and recommended control measures in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, by entering CPAC all visitors acknowledge and accept that there currently remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of COVID-19. All visitors are assumed to have assessed this risk of transmission, including through consideration of their own health condition, in making the decision to attend the centre.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19 visit the NSW Government website.
To download the Service NSW app visit the Service NSW website.